Please join Barbara Hendrickson of BAX Securities Law (www.baxsecuritieslaw.com) and Addison Cameron-Huff (www.cameronhuff.com) on March 3, 2023, at 1:00 ET for a seminar on the most recent notice from the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) – Staff Notice 21-332 Crypto Asset Trading Platforms: Changes to Enhance Canadian Investors Protections (CSA Notice 21-332). Published on February 22, 2023, CSA Notice 21-332 provides guidance to unregistered market participants operating crypto trading platforms in Canada.
CSA Notice 21-332 sets out enhanced guidance for unregistered crypto trading platforms including the expectation that unregistered crypto trading platforms provide an enhanced pre-registration undertaking to their principal regulator within 30 days of the publication of CSA Notice 21-332.
We will cover the following topics in the one-hour seminar:
· The CSA requirement to obtain restricted dealer registration and exemptive relief to operate a crypto trading platform in Canada;
· Who must file pre-registration undertakings with principal regulators;
· Terms and conditions of the pre-registration undertakings;
· Securities regulation of Stablecoins; and
· Regulatory consequences for non-compliance.