BAX Securities Law webinar series on the regulation of crypto currencies in Canada
Please join Barbara Hendrickson and Addison Cameron-Huff on November 3, 2023 at 12:00 PM EST for a webinar to discuss the evolving Canadian regulatory landscape for Value-Referenced Crypto Assets (VRCAs) commonly known as stablecoins.
Speakers will address:
- Recent regulatory guidance from the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA):
- CSA Staff Notice 21-332 Crypto Asset Trading Platforms: Pre-registration Undertakings Changes to enhance Canadian Investor Protection (February 22, 2023),
- CSA Staff Notice 21-233 Crypto Asset Trading Platforms: Terms and Conditions for Trading Value-Referenced Crypto Assets with Clients (October 5, 2023).
- Overview of the various kinds of stablecoins as well as their benefits and risks.
- Registration requirements for trading stablecoins.
- Implications for Money Service Businesses involving cryptocurrencies (FINTRAC)
- Compliance considerations for crypto market participants.
If you are currently involved in cryptocurrency activity in Canada or wish to enter the Canadian cryptocurrency market as a crypto trading platform or issuer of cryptocurrencies or otherwise please join us on November 3, 2023
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions during the webinar.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org